29 December 2008

Trains, Planes, and Treadmills

Christmas was very nice. The boys got way too many gifts, as usual. They got to open a ton of presents from Santa, Mommy and Daddy, and later, from Grandma and Grandpa (aka MIL and FIL). And of course, Gabriel was more interested in Nick's toys than he was in his own. Toys like music rattles, a squeaky hammer, and little people arctic animals. Of course Gabriel did get playdoh. Lots of playdoh. Way too much playdoh. Not to mention numerous puzzles, books, and games. My mom got him two of the games, the Lady Bug game looks really cute, but I'm not sure about the other one. It looks like it involves way too much effort on my part. But we'll see. However, keeping with tradition it is a bee game, and well my mother loves bees, and Gabriel is good with calling her Grandma Bee. My dad got them gifts from a wish list I created at a local educational toy store. It was better this way. The toys are age-appropriate and mommy approved. My brother picked out his his gifts with the help of his fiance.

Oh and let's not forget the train set from Grandma and Grandpa. It's not the [super expensive] Thomas the Train set, but it is on the same scale. It was a [much cheaper] Target version. We got him a 120-piece set to go with it, that included cars, track, buildings and people. It's very cute. Nick thinks that the pieces are perfect for chewing on. However, my MIL makes sure that there are numerous age-appropriate toys nearby so that she can distract him when needed. He gets rather angry if you take something from him that he wants to play with or chew on.

I'm very excited - For Christmas (from my MIL and FIL, SIL, and husband) I got the Lose Weight and Bootcamp iFit cards from Jillian Michaels and am ready to finally not only lose the last of my baby weight, but also get down to my "ideal" weight. I have a NordicTrack Treadmill, that is wonderful, so the cards just make it even more so, since you don't have to think about the speed or inclinde. I also purchased Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred video. I'm not going to start my new routine until next week due to the Seattle trip, but I will post stats and let you know how its going once I get started. I have high hopes. I just need to make time. Not sure where since Santa didn't bring me that 25th hour of the day like I requested, so I will have to make do with the 24 I've got.

As for Seattle, Pigpen, Nick, and I leave tomorrow morning. Luckily the we have straight flights, unluckily that means LONG hours spent on an airplane. My MIL is spending the night so that she can drive us to the airport and then take Gabriel to their country house for the week. She'll come back Friday to pick us up from the airport and take Nick home with her, so Pigpen and I can get some sleep after our red-eye. Sounds like so much fun, doesn't it? I mean who doesn't want to travel cross-country with a 9-month-old on their lap?

Oh and for those that were keeping track Nick is 9-months, 5-days and still has no teeth, not even part of a tooth. None. But he'll eat anything, so he has that going for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment