13 December 2008

I'm Not Dead

So the fates conspired against me on Thursday. Not only did I come down with a very nasty cold courtesy of one darling baby, I also started my first post-pregnancy period. And, since I am still breastfeeding, and thus still on progesterone-only pills, it came complete with cramping and breast tenderness. The sore throat and coughing are so bad, that I am starting to lose my voice. So between the two, I feel like I was hit by a semi.

Unfortunately there is no taking a break to recover for me. I have homework to do and babies to care for. Also Elmo to see. Tomorrow. At 4:30. Yay... In a pre-child world I would spend all day in bed recovering. Unfortunately Gabriel will be up no later than 6:30, and that's on a good day. And Nick will get up no fewer than two times between 10 and 5, also on a good night, and well he has a cold, so probably not going to be a good night.

I am debating on whether or not I should go to urgent care in the morning. On the one-hand it is more expensive than just waiting to go to the doctor, and if it's just a cold, there is really nothing they can do for me. On the other hand, it is more convenient than my primary care, and my pharmacy is in the same shopping center, complete with a Starbucks, and it is possible I have an ear infection... Did I mention Starbucks?

If I do have an infection of some sort, it would be nice to get antibiotics. I have such fond memories of the bottle of pink-stuff (also known as amoxicillin)that seemed to have a permanent place in our fridge when I was a child. I guess I will see how I feel in the morning and make the decision then. Also, did I mention Starbucks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment