27 January 2009

Let it Snow!

The greater D.C. area is finally getting its first snowstorm of the winter. Gabriel was ecstatic. He loves snow. Nick wasn't sure what to think. Although I'm worried about both of them being outside in this weather with the bad colds they're coming down with. Nick had such a hard time sleeping because of it. Which means I also didn't sleep much.

I felt bad for Gabe this morning. I don't like driving in the snow, even the short distance from my house to my MIL's, but I had to this morning. Gabe kept trying to ask me questions and I had to keep asking him to be quiet so I could concentrate on driving. I know he was just excited about the snow, but I needed to focus on the road. I think it hurt his feelings, which wasn't my intent, I just didn't want to lose focus and slip on the road. Perhaps I might have asked him to be quiet a little more harshly than I intended after the 3rd or 4th question.

I do like snow, I think it's very pretty - to look at. Driving in it and walking in it, even just being in it, isn't high on my list. Although, when I do have the time I don't mind playing in it. When the boys get a little older and we have a decent back yard, I can see having a great time building snowmen and having snowball fights. Right now I have neither the time nor the backyard to pursue fun in the snow, plus they are really too little to be fully enjoy it.

My workouts are still going well. I should certainly be in bikini shape by this summer, although I'm not sure that I will have any reason to wear a bikini. I moved up to level 2 on the 30 Day Shred, and ouch! It is much harder than level 1. I couldn't quite do the explosive cardio moves the whole time, but I figure if I do a few each time and gradually do it for longer by the time I've completed 10 days of level 2 I should be able to do them for the full time. That, along with my treadmill work outs should help ensure that the weight keeps coming off. I really like the iFit cards, and even though I'm only on level one of the cards, a 10% incline at 3.5 mph is still hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment