07 January 2009

At Last, A Tooth!

Today was Nick's 9-month check up and clever baby that he is, decided it was a good time to show off his first tooth. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Nick has a tooth! I'm not sure when exactly it poked through, either overnight or this morning, but it just appeared, so that's good. At 9 and a half months he is no longer toothless.

As for his other check up statistics he is 29.5 in, which means he is officially too long for his infant carrier, which has a maximum height limit of 29 in. So we were instructed by the pediatrician to get a new one asap. Since my MIL will also need a new one, we will get two of them this weekend. He is also Just shy of 19 lbs, weighing in at 18 lbs 15 and 3/4 oz. His height puts him just shy of the 90th percentile and his weight puts him in the 25th percentile, which is a decrease from where he was at his last check up - in the 50th percentile for weight, although height and head circumference (25th) have stayed on course.

He did not need any shots today, which pleased Gabriel, who didn't want them to hurt his baby. He did have to have a little blood drawn - just a toe prick - for an iron test, which bothered Gabriel, but Nick was more interested in the band aid they applied afterwards and didn't cry at all. He was happy to show off just how energetic he is, and all his skills - sitting, crawling, pulling himself up, clapping. He got good marks, which is always nice to hear.

I am doing well, so far, with my workouts this week. I have done 30 Day Shred twice, workout 1 and 2 of my Jillian Michaels iFit cards, and level 1 and 2 of Biggest Loser Cardio Max. Hopefully it makes a difference in my weight. I have also managed to stay right around my calorie count on The Daily Plate, so between the two...

School started up yesterday, so I will again have very little time. I am now taking RES342 through University of Phoenix. However, blogging as a break from homework, is an easy transition since everything is online. This course looks like it is going to be a heavy workload, and of course, team assignments are always my highlight, what with people not participating, not understanding the assignment, or waiting until the last minute to turn in their portions, it makes it an adventure... but I suppose that is part of life, which I guess is a good thing to learn.

Well, I better go finish my homework for the night. Plus Nick will probably wake up soon. We are now trying to sleep train him at the doctor's suggestion, so this next wake up will be his last feeding of the night, then well, have you ever heard a banshee scream? Yeah, it will be a little like that when Nick doesn't get his way, i.e. Mommy as a pacifier. Sigh, oh well, it has to be done. We all need to sleep more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment